Packing and moving tips
While the thought of moving to a new place is exciting, so exciting that you are becoming impatient.
Plus with all the stress, you might be entering a “devil may care” mood and stuffing everything in boxes and hoping your items won’t shatter on the trip.
Well, Top Notch has good news for you. Your household goods don’t have to become casualties of your stress or your anxiety.
With a little patience, and ahead of time packing and moving, you and your items should get to your new home safely. Top Notch Movers have some great moving packing tips to ease the stress, accommodate your excitement and get you ready for the next chapter in your life.
Packing and Moving Tip 1: Get the right Moving supplies
You will need sturdy boxes, packing tapes, bubble wrap and perhaps packing peanuts. You can purchase these from your local moving company such as Top Notch Movers.
Top Notch also helps with packing if you think that you might not have the time or manpower to pack all of your property. Some packing and moving supplies you may need might include:
- Cardboard boxes
- Tools to take your furniture apart and put them back together. You may already have them in your home now.
- Heavy duty garbage bags
- Regular Plastic Baggies in different sizes. This might be especially useful for keeping screws and other small bits that are necessary for your furniture or other things.
- Duct tape
- Different markers or sharpies
- Old magazines and newspaper
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
Packing and Moving Tips 2: The earlier you start, the easier it is.
- Start one room at a time. That can help reduce your stress as well. Label each box as descriptively as possible as well as its destination. This will make unpacking go so much faster.
- Do overstuff the boxes too much that it is too heavy to move around.
- When you are using your tape, do not apply it on any surface that is polished or painted. When you pull the tape off, you risk ruining the surface.
- For fragile items, cushion them well in the box. Keep fragile items in small boxes and if it possible, double box it.
Packing and Moving Tips 3: Prepare the first night and day in your home.
In a large clear bin, (so it’s easy to identify.) pack your nightgown, toothbrush, hairbrush, soap to bathe and other things you and your family will need the first night and day.
You wouldn’t want to search through 100 boxes just to find your toothbrush or soap to bathe that night.
Also, include sheets and blankets for the first night you go to sleep.
Top Notch Movers would love to help you with your moving and packing. We are fully licensed and insured with a guaranteed price, absolutely no surprises.
We are always on time and provide excellent service. Don’t just take our word for it; you can check our reviews online. We have many satisfied customers because our commitment is to our customers first.